What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom error warning if sensor gives 'no data'

Votes:

Hi,

I have a question about a custom sensor error. I have a HTTP sensor for a specific application, when that HTTP is not reachable, it gives an alarm but the sensor, at that moment, gives no value back, only 'No Data'. I would like to put a custom sensor error message, but i have to fill in a value, but there's no value because it only gives back 'No Data'. How can i fix this?

custom-sensor message prtg

Created on Mar 7, 2022 7:54:16 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding what you would like to achieve, I'm afraid that it is not possible to modify the message when no data are received by the sensor. This can only be done within the channel settings when defining the error/warning limits.

Can you please provide me the following information regarding the sensor:

• Exact name of the HTTP sensor (visible in the sensor Overview tab, on the right)
  • Sensor scanning interval
  • Does the sensor already received data previously? Is it in that state since its creation?

Regards.

Created on Mar 7, 2022 12:26:16 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.