What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Remote Ping This sensor has not received any data since startup.

Votes:

Hey there, I get the error "This sensor has not received any data since startup" on the Remote Ping sensor. The sensor becomes "unknown" and there is no error code. I'm pretty sure the WMI service is running. I turned off the antivirus software on the device. But I couldn't get the Remote Ping sensor to work. Thanks in advance for your help.

prtg remote-ping wmi

Created on Mar 8, 2022 9:14:04 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Do you get any valid responses when adding other WMI sensors to the device that has the WMI Remote Ping Sensor (WMI System Uptime for instance)?

What version of PRTG are you currently running?

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 8, 2022 1:34:19 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Other WMI sensors are working fine and status up. I am using version 21.4.73.1656.

I am only getting error on Remote Ping sensor. The error is exactly like this: "This sensor has not received any data since startup. Check the "Interval Delay WMI" channel of the Probe Health sensor. Consider distributing your WMI sensors across several probes!"

Thanks in advance

Created on Mar 9, 2022 10:51:49 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Did you check if increasing the scanning interval for WMI sensors helps to fix the issue? I would recommend to use 300 seconds for WMI based sensors. From first look it seems like PRTG can't scan the sensor in the specified scanning interval.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - team Tech Support

Created on Mar 14, 2022 11:21:37 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your help, restarting the kernel server fixed the issue

Created on Mar 15, 2022 12:24:37 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.