What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What do I need to know about PRTG 22.2.77 regarding Python?

Votes:

I want to install the PRTG 22.2.77 update. What do I need to know?

prtg python python3-9

Created on Mar 28, 2022 1:27:35 PM by  Florian Weik (1,927) 2 2

Last change on Jun 22, 2022 8:48:41 AM by  Florian Weik (1,927) 2 2

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 22.2.77

Python update and Python library update

PRTG 22.2.77 includes an update of the Python distribution. The update includes the following changes:

• Update to Python 3.9.12
  • New /paesslerag_prtg_sensor_api/ library

Python 3.9.12 update

Check the Python 3.9.12 changelog for a comprehensive list of changes and deprecation notices.

New /paesslerag_prtg_sensor_api/ library

We renamed the Python helper library from prtg to paesslerag_prtg_sensor_api. To make sure that your Python Script Advanced sensors continue to work properly, please review the updated Python Script Advanced sensor example and adjust your Python scripts accordingly.

Example based on sensor_example.py:

• Before PRTG 22.2.77:

from prtg.sensor.result import CustomSensorResult from prtg.sensor.units import ValueUnit

• As of PRTG 22.2.77:

from paesslerag_prtg_sensor_api.sensor.result import CustomSensorResult from paesslerag_prtg_sensor_api.sensor.units import ValueUnit

Note: You can find the example sensor_example.py in the \python subfolder of the PRTG program directory under:

%programfiles(x86)%\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\python

or

%programfiles%\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\python

Created on Apr 4, 2022 12:58:58 PM by  Florian Weik (1,927) 2 2

Last change on Jan 18, 2023 7:42:22 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.