What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Ability to set Hosted PRTG to Personal Address

Votes:

It'd be very beneficial to be able to set a hosted PRTG instance to our own domain name. E.g. monitoring.domain.com It'd be easy to implement an SSL solution with either a custom certificate or using a service like LetsEncrypt to ensure that all the instances remain secure.

It is better for me to be able to advertise my own link rather than having to give users a PRTG branded domain link.

hosted hostedprtg prtg

Created on Apr 6, 2022 6:47:49 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

This is not possible since every hosted instance is a sub-domain of our domain my-prtg.com. Therefore the "my-prtg.com" part is always required.

Created on Apr 12, 2022 7:59:29 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there,

This is not possible since every hosted instance is a sub-domain of our domain my-prtg.com. Therefore the "my-prtg.com" part is always required.

Created on Apr 12, 2022 7:59:29 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I really don't think that's accurate.

Any subdomain is just a DNS entry, I have a CNAME of netmon.mydomain.tld to mycompany.my-prtg.com and it resolves fine.

Practically every web server ever created has the ability to support virtual hosts which will allow mycompany.my-prtg.com AND customdns.mydomain.tld to display the exact same content + if I had to guess I'd say virtual hosts is how the current PRTG hosted service works - one server serving multiple different instances with different cname's against my-prtg.com

It'd just be a matter of adding the custom CNAME to the config and it'd present the same data. Ideally we'd be able to add our own SSL certificate(or get the system to install one automatically via one of the free SSL services).

Let me know.

Thanks!

Created on Apr 12, 2022 12:24:25 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please note that this feature is not available and we also haven't planned to implement this feature at the moment. Therefore, this is not possible and all hosted instanced will be part of my-prtg.com.

Created on Apr 14, 2022 10:40:18 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.