What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Bulk setup

Votes:

Perhaps this is easy and I'm just missing something. I need to monitor a few hundred servers using for a couple basic items; ping, disk space (SNMP) and uptime.

At the group level, I want to create my standard notifications triggers ie. disk space less than 15%, ping down for 60 seconds. The problem I'm having is that these apply to device in general and not the specific sensor. So my ping sensor sees the 'threshold below 15' trigger and fires off an email. Is there a way around this?

When creating a template, I can't seem to use the SNMP Disk Space sensor which means I have to manually add it for each device and then go an add in the notifications triggers for each disk. This is incredibly tedious and I must be missing a better way to do this.

Thanks

device prtg wmi

Created on Apr 6, 2022 7:18:48 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
you can accomplish this with multi editing.

To read up about Multi Editing take a look in our manual

In your specific use case I'd recommend filtering the sensors via type or tags, then open the list via Sensors > By Type/Tag > Type/YourTag and then multi editing them as described in our manual.

Kind regards,
Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on Apr 11, 2022 12:31:27 PM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.