What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

is PRTG Compatible with APC Netbotz 250?

Votes:

I'm looking to set up a temperature monitoring sensor in a server room - basic - but want to log temperature into PRTG. don't want to buy until i can make sure it is able to connect?

prtg snmp temperature

Created on Apr 7, 2022 3:49:18 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there Chris.

I can't speak for the Netbotz 250, but I can speak for the older Netbotz 200 model which I've persoanlly tested and can confirm it's temperature can be monitored from PRTG with SNMP Custom sensors. The information is available in the memSensorsStatusTable from the PowerNet-MIB. The Table's OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.10.4.2.3

I would even say that as a general rule, APC's SNMP implementations are usually very reliable, regardless of the device (PDU, UPS, etc). The Netbotz isn't the cheapest alternative for temperature monitoring but it's definitely one that will integrate with PRTG very easily since I'm assuming it's SNMP implementation will be at least as good as the one in older models.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Created on Apr 8, 2022 9:03:54 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.