What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change the SSH disk free sesnor to specifically query local drives only

Votes:

We have an ongoing issue with a sensor which is an SSH disk free space sensor. Having investigated the issue is owing to stale mounts on laptops that are mounted onto it. If you log onto the server and run df command with the switch of -l it just looks at local disks. Is there a way of implementing this or the sensor being altered to exclude the mount.

The mounts are under CIFS shares, if i log onto the server and run command df -h it hangs as a result. If i do a df -l it returns straight away. 

Having looked at the command that PRTG runs it does not use -l switch for local as this returns straight away   From the docs and link below I think the following. https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/82626-what-command-is-used-for-ssh-disk-free-sensor    df -TP -x tmpfs -x devtmpfs -x debugfs   needs to be df -l -TP -x tmpfs -x devtmpfs -x debugfs

disk-free linux ssh

Created on Apr 12, 2022 8:42:11 AM

Last change on Apr 13, 2022 5:53:34 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Neil,

I'll pass this to our developers to see if it's actually intended to include share volumes or not and get back to you :) You could use this in the meantime:

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/71923-monitoring-linux-distributions-incompatible-with-the-ssh-disk-free-sensor

Which allows you to modify the corresponding commandline according to your needs

Created on Apr 18, 2022 6:52:19 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 18, 2022 6:57:22 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.