What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Get objectid after duplicating a device in order to resume it

Votes:

Hey,

using the PRTG API with PHP I'd like to clone a master device and after that resume my new device.

As shown in the API reference I duplicate my master device:
http://yourserver/api/duplicateobject.htm?id=id_of_device_to_clone&name=new_name&host=new_hostname_or_ip&targetid=id_of_target_group&username=myusernam&passhash=mypasshash As response I get the PRTG login page as html code. Same response running the request with the API platform Postman.

In order to resume my new device I need it's objectid:
http://yourserver/api/pause.htm?id=objectid&action=1&username=myusernam&passhash=mypasshash
Is there any way getting the objectid of my new device directly after duplicating it?
Or is there another way to go duplicating a device and resuming it?

PRTG Version: 22.1.75.1594+

api clone duplicate

Created on Apr 28, 2022 9:13:02 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Solved the problem by myself.
The new objectid can be found in the redirect url returned after the duplicating the device.

Created on Apr 28, 2022 10:05:17 AM

Votes:

Hi Felix,

Thank you for your message and update.

Glad to hear that you already found the objectid of the duplicated object. It is indeed provided in the redirect URL.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate.

Have a great day.

Regards, Florian

Created on Apr 28, 2022 10:33:38 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 28, 2022 10:33:57 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.