What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Inherited Limits for Sensor Channels possible?

Votes:

Hello,

i have many Sensors where i have to set the same Limits (i.e Error above 90% for example) for the Sensor channels. Is there a way to let channels inherit the Limits or do i have to add the limits manually for each sensor channel?

Kind regards

channel inherit limit prtg sensor

Created on Apr 28, 2022 11:35:01 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Currently inheritance is only possible for credentials but not for Limits. There are some Sensors (e.g. the WMI Multi Disk sensor) for which you can set the limit in their settings for all occurrences, but this is not the norm.

You can use Multi-Edit to accomplish the desired result. How this will work is described in our manual

In your use case I'd recommend filtering the sensors via tags, then open the list via Sensors > By Tag > YourTag and then multi editing them as described in our manual.

Kind regards,
Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on May 3, 2022 1:43:03 PM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.