What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I monitor a Xerox-Printer at a fiery Print server?

Votes:

How can i get the information about the cartridge toner levels of a versand4100 working at a fiery print server?

fiery printer toner-level

Created on Apr 29, 2022 1:49:36 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

The Fiery EX and EX-P 4100 servers for the Xerox Versant 4100 series Press both support SNMP.
It might not be enabled by default and would have to be enabled manually, please refer to the manual by EFI how to do that, for your convenience I'm attaching a link I found. https://help.efi.com/cws/5.6/en-us/GUID-3FD15127-C5EB-4F7D-BB60-D714796AA055.html

After enabling SNMP you can usually use the device auto discovery on the device to add the necessary sensors.

If your Fiery is set to SNMPv3 be sure to add the specific SNMP parameters for the device in the device settings first.

If the desired values are still missing you might need a MIB file from the vendor.
Create an OIDLIB file that PRTG understands using our MIB Importer Tool available here

Kind regards,
Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on May 5, 2022 6:23:07 AM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.