What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

sending notifications with google SMTP

Votes:

currently. im using google SMTP to send my sensor notifications to my email but as of may 30th, there disabling there less-secure feature and will require now to use Google's OAuth2 using the google sign-in button

is that button or something to authenticate me using OAuth2 going to be implemented in the notifications area for people that are using google for SMTP??

thanks

google oauth2 smtp

Created on Apr 30, 2022 12:23:02 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

The adding of oauth support for Gmail authentication has been forwarded to our development team, however it is not planned yet for implementation.

Therefore, you might indeed not be able to send emails as of May 30th, when Google will automatically turn off the Less secure apps feature within the settings of your account. Nevertheless, you should be able to enable it again afterwards, according to Google documentation https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255.

Regards.

Created on May 2, 2022 7:35:11 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.