What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Notification to Cell Phone

Votes:

Hello,

I used to have notifications working so it would send me an email ([email protected]) to my cell phone so it would appear in iMessage, it used to work but recently it's stopped working. When I go into notifications>related logs the status will show as OK but I never get the notification. I have tested sending an email from my Outlook to my cell phone and it will work without any problems. I even tested forwarding the message from PRTG to my cell phone in Outlook by using a rule and I will get the notification. I recently updated to the latest version but still, it won't send an email to my cell phone. Any suggestions on how I can get this to work again?

cell-phone notification prtg

Created on May 5, 2022 2:46:25 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello, did you add this email as a notification contact for your user or did you enter the email specifically on the notification template? Can you try to type this email in the notification template and test from the template? If the log error is not showing much information, please enable the Notification Debug Logging in order to get a detail of the communication between the PRTG and the Mail server. Please follow this procedure https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/55363-how-can-i-enable-notification-delivery-logging To enable the logging, then after the test have been done send us the debug logs to [email protected]

Created on May 10, 2022 11:04:09 PM by  Jonathan Mena [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I was able to fix the issue by creating a new notification group for my cell phone and set it to text. It's strange it used to work with HTLM on my iPhone but that stop working about a month ago. Once I changed it to text, I started to get notifications again on my phone.

Thanks for the help.

Created on May 13, 2022 6:24:18 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.