What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to add 4 TO 5 IPSEC Tunnels of Cisco ASA iN PRTG for Graphing

Votes:

I want to add all 5 IPsec VPN tunnels of MY CISCO ASA Firewall 5520 with Different IPS of remote Ends(for the Ipsec ) in PRTG WITH . I just added One IPSEC Tunnel by adding the sensor (SNMP CISCO ASA VPN)and it automatically detected and added the first VPN tunnel with the remote end Ip addresses. But i want to know about the process of adding other IPSEC Tunnels with different ips.

Thanks...

cisco-asa-vpn grahp prtg snmp

Created on May 11, 2022 1:25:26 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Did you already tried to add the SNMP Cisco ASA VPN Sensor manually? Furthermore, which certain metrics do you want to know?

Created on May 16, 2022 8:36:02 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes i am able to plot the graphs manually by adding Cisco ASA VPN sensor. But i am facing one issue as i tried to check the alert on the Cisco ASA when there is no ASA VPN on the firewall the sensor was showing warning and not getting down which is why i am not able to get the alerts as i set the alert when there is not Active L2L tunnel it is not triggering any alert.

Also can you confirm are these CISCO VPN Senor will work as it is in free edition of PRTG after the 30days period end ?

Also one more thing i want to ask what is the specs of the EC2 server in AWS if i need to deploy the PRTG Network Monitor in Windows 2012 R2 server as i need to monitor 4 IPSEC Tunnels of my Cisco ASA cloud Firewall so i need to use the 30days Standard version.

Created on May 16, 2022 1:52:18 PM

Votes:

The PRTG free edition and the commercial one have no difference in the feature set except of the amount of allowed Sensors.
Since I have the Sensor not live available, please let me know whether the Warning status is triggered by a channel limit? If so, you can adjust the limit to receive an error.

If you need to have a remote probe in AWS, I recommend something between 2 Cores and 4GB RAM or 4 CPU Cores and 8GB RAM if more Sensors are required.

Created on May 19, 2022 11:59:33 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.