What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Update WinRM cannot process the request

Votes:

Hi there, I am getting the following error while using the windows update status sensor.

"Connecting to remote server veeam.dempo.local failed with the following error message : WinRM cannot process the request. The following error with errorcode 0x80090311 occurred while using Kerberos authentication: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. Possible causes are: -The user name or password specified are invalid. -Kerberos is used when no authentication method and no user name are specified. -Kerberos accepts domain user names, but not local user names. -The Service Principal Name (SPN) for the remote computer name and port does not exist. -The client and remote computers are in different domains and there is no trust between the two domains. After checking for the above issues, try the following: -Check the Event Viewer for events related to authentication. -Change the authentication method; add the destination computer to the WinRM TrustedHosts configuration setting or use HTTPS transport. Note that computers in the TrustedHosts list might not be authenticated. -For more information about WinRM configuration, run the following command: winrm help config. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.".

The devices are not in the domain and I entered the local admin username and password as the credential. I completely turned off the windows firewall. But I didn't get any results.

update windows wmi

Created on May 16, 2022 2:31:57 PM

Last change on May 17, 2022 6:36:47 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Since the devices are not in the domain, you would need to use "Negotiate authentication" in the sensor. There is also some configuration that needs to be done on the device, for more details please see Step 2.2 of the following article: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/71899-facing-issues-with-the-windows-updates-status-powershell-sensor-can-you-help-me

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on May 17, 2022 7:09:39 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.