What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Cluster Single External IP

Votes:

Hey everyone, I am currently looking into clustering and from what I have been reading from the documentation is that both of the PRTG cluster nodes have to have an external IP so that the remote probes can simultaneously connect to each cluster node? (Correct me if I am wrong in this assumption!).

Probably going to ask a dumb question, but is it possible to have both PRTG clusters behind a single external IP which is front-ended by a Load Balancer? That way, the Load Balancer can redirect the traffic to the primary node and in the event of a failure, the Load Balancer will then redirect traffic to the failover node.

This for me provides a benefit in that I wouldn't have to change 15+ Firewalls to allow the PRTG remote probe to communicate with both nodes.

cluster probe prtg remote

Created on May 17, 2022 3:17:32 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

I am afraid that it's not possible. You may check the following KB which explained about this: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/34123-prtgs-web-interface-behind-loadbalancer

Created on May 20, 2022 1:50:10 PM by  Himanshu Bhatt [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.