What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Find out number of sessions or TCP connections on devices

Votes:

Hi community,

I would like to know how to find out the number of currents sessions or TCP connections that are on my devices. Among all the devices I am monitoring, there are two of them, a firewall and a switch, from which I want to know the number of current sessions they have. I am monitoring the firewall by SNMP, I have imported the MIBs, and there is OID wgSystemCurrActiveConns, which shows the "The total number of currently active system connections.", but the numbers are not convincing at all. For the switch, I am monitoring it by SNMP and sFlow. By SNMP, it has other OID which also shows the number of current connections, but the number are not convincing at all either. By sFlow, I can see number of bytes per source, number of bytes per type of traffic, number of bytes per port, but I don't find an option to see the total number of current sessions or connections. Any tip?

Regards, Julián

connections prtg sessions snmp xflow

Created on May 20, 2022 7:37:38 AM

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.