What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

EXE/SCRIPT Advanced Sensor - No Channel shows up.

Votes:

I created a powershell script to run a time check of a Cisco device via plink.exe. This is a script was set up on another core and worked there, but can not get it to properly work on new PRTG core.

If I run from server directly in powershell everything works and device responds with proper results via the lookup file (xxx.ovl). When I look at the sensor on the PRTG console the channel does not show up and the sensor has a "No Channel" error.

Where axactly does the caneel info get loaded from? Is there a way to add a channel manually?

powershell prtg xml

Created on May 20, 2022 3:02:39 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding the issue with the custom sensor, I invite you to enable its debug logs by using the option Store result within its Settings tab. This way, at the next scanning interval the probe will automatically generate the log files under "<path>\Logs\sensors" (where <path> is displayed in PRTG Administration on the corresponding server) and we can see what your script returns to PRTG.

I also invite you to check the following:

• On the probe server, the script is not blocked by Windows (Unblock checkbox missing in the Properties menu of the file)
  • The execution policy is the same as on the other PRTG server (for both 32 bit and 64 bit)

Regards.

Created on May 25, 2022 9:39:35 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.