What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Netflow Sensor - Connection-Report for 1 Day

Votes:

Hi,

I need a list of all the connections of a day reported by the Netflow sensor.

When I open the Netflow Sensor -> Top-Connections -> I can see a list of connections containing the following information: Sender-IP, Sender-Port, Destination-IP, Destination-Port, Protocol, Bytes...

However, only for 15 minutes at a time.

I need a list with of this information for the periode of one day. How can I get this information? When I build a report, I can only get the information about the protocol usage. But not about the single connections.

Thanks

Udo

connections netflow prtg report

Created on May 24, 2022 2:42:01 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Udo,

you can adjust the time interval for the Toplist by clicking the gears on the bottom of the of the specific overview.
Here you could adjust the time interval up to 1440 Minutes (1 day), even though it is possible we wouldn't recommend it in every day use.
This is because the top list will only be generated after the set time interval has been passed, therefore a more granular time interval is advised.
How the Toplist work and what all the options do, you can read this up in our manual.

If you run into the error "Data incomplete, memory limit was exceeded" then the time interval is too large for the memory that is allocated to the Toplist. The maximum size allocatable is 100 MB and is also set in the settings for each overview.
If this continues to happen even with the maximum of 100 MB please lower the time interval.

I'm afraid that PRTG does not support reporting for flow information. If you want more Insights in your Netflow statistics than PRTG alone can offer, we would recommend a solution from our Uptime Alliance Partner Plixer.

Kind regards,
Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on May 27, 2022 12:23:36 PM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.