What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to take a value from two different device sensors and do a calculation.

Votes:

We have two APC PDU strips connected into one 30 amp circuits in the data center. I only want to alert if both PDU's have a value that equal more then 24 amps. I already have the data collecting the amperage for one device per PDU using the MIB's from APC.

pdu prtg snmp

Created on May 24, 2022 7:17:57 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

I could think that PRTG's native Business Process Sensor is exactly what you are looking for.
The Business Process Sensor can monitor the states of multiple other sensors and display desired states depending on your configuration. The following scenario can be easily set up for instance:

• The measured values of PDU #1 are above a certain limit > the Business Process Sensor might shows a Warning.
  • The measured values of PDU #2 also exceed a certain limit > the Business Process Sensor shows an alarm and triggers a notification.

If this sounds interesting to you, please check out the following resources:
Video: Business Process Sensor
How can I use the Business Process sensor?
How does the Business Process sensor calculate summarized sensor states?

Best,
Sebastian

Created on May 26, 2022 11:04:55 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 26, 2022 11:05:03 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.