What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Moving MFA to new mobile

Votes:

Has anyone got working documentation for moving your PRTG hosted MFA to a new mobile phone. So far i havent been able to find a way to generate a new QR code to setup MFA on my new mobile. Or is this a bug/missing feature?

mfa mobile prtg

Created on Jun 6, 2022 9:38:38 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

in that case please contact us via [email protected] with a description of the issue and the hosted domain you use, so that we can reset the QR code from our side.

Created on Jul 20, 2022 9:08:27 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 20, 2022 9:08:55 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

does it help to disable MFA and enable it again? Or is the question rather about the recovery?

Created on Jun 10, 2022 12:36:39 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hey, Yeah i did try disabling and re-enabling MFA several times (left it at least a day befor re-enabling) and didnt seem to help the issue any.

Created on Jul 18, 2022 8:45:02 PM

Votes:

Hello,

I am still unsure about the question. What exactly is not working?

Created on Jul 19, 2022 10:48:21 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hey Arne, When you disable MFA in PRTG Hosted, and re-enable it again, it doesnt give you a new QR code to enroll the authenticator app. It seems currently you get 1 shot at it and your stuck like that until, im assuming, support deletes/clears your MFA enrollment, so you can re-enroll again on your new mobile device.

Created on Jul 19, 2022 10:53:03 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

in that case please contact us via [email protected] with a description of the issue and the hosted domain you use, so that we can reset the QR code from our side.

Created on Jul 20, 2022 9:08:27 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 20, 2022 9:08:55 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

To anyone else that stumbles apon this issue, i reached out to Paessler support and they reset my MFA status. I was then able to enroll my new mobile into MFA.

Created on Jul 27, 2022 7:55:16 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.