What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Setting up SQL sensor to detect RAM utilization

Votes:

Hello! We have a SQL hypervisor that has databases running on it. I have set up a sensor "SQL Server Memory Manager" successfully. I would like to know if there's anyway to configure them to send out an alert for when the SQL servers are utilizing less than or equal to 90% of the memory allocated to them. Than you in advance.

hyperv hypervisor microsoft prtg sensors sql

Created on Jun 8, 2022 6:51:33 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Do I understand you correctly that you have a sensor that monitors the memory usage?

If that is the case, then only need to define a Error or Warning limit in the channel, so that the sensor changes its state. Then you need to create a State Trigger for the sensor for the Down or Warning state (depending on the limit that you set).

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 14, 2022 10:21:57 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.