What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensonrs for HPE Synergy via OneView

Votes:

User story

As a PRTG user, I want to monitor HPE Synergy via the OneView API.

Details of user story

To monitor HPE Synergy system I need to use the OneView API and to access the API I need to generate an auth-token by logging in via /rest/login-sessions. Auth-Tokens last up to 24 hours after they have been last used. The auth-token is used for all further request to the API in the header filed Auth. Another header field that is needed is x-Api-Version to specify the supported version of the API.

Currently querying the API works with the REST custom sensor and by manually set HTTP headers, the responses of the API contains JSON data and can already be filtert with JSONPath that is provided by the PRTG.

So far there are two main issues:

• Creating the REST configuration files is rather problematic because they are static and adding or removing channels affects all sensors that use that template.
  • Managing the auth-tokens could be challenging because they need to configured and updated for each sensor if they cannot be inherited.

I will continue to develop the custom sensors and I would like to also offer a collaboration on this project.

Acceptance criteria

• A credential type for HPE OneView like for example there is one for Orchestra
  • Sensors that provide information about the fans, interconnects, enclosures, environment
  • An alternative to the point above would be the abilitiy that channels could be automatically created by iterating over the JSON, this would also generally be a gread addtion.

Status

Open

add-feature add-sensor improve-prtg prtg-kbtracker

Created on Jun 21, 2022 10:56:33 AM

Last change on Jun 23, 2022 7:31:17 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.