What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I change my Paessler PRTG Enterprise Monitor license key?

Votes:

I have received a new PRTG Enterprise Monitor license key from Paessler. How do I replace my old license key in my PRTG Core Server installation to use the new license key?

key license prtg-enterprise-monitor

Created on Jun 27, 2022 6:19:59 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 27, 2022 9:12:11 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 22

Why do I receive a new Paessler PRTG Enterprise Monitor license key?

We at Paessler are constantly working on our internal systems to ensure we adhere to the highest safety standards, while also being able to offer you the fastest and most convenient experience.
This is why in 2022 we started the transfer to a new ERP platform.

When we migrate your Paessler PRTG Enterprise Monitor license on to our new platform, it will be assigned a new license key. You need to replace the old license key in your installation.

How do I change my Paessler PRTG Enterprise Monitor license key in my PRTG installation?

• Update your PRTG Core Server(s) to PRTG version 21.4.73 or later
  • Open the PRTG web interface and navigate to Setup | License Information
  • Click on Change License Key and replace the existing License Key with the new key
  • Click on Update License to confirm your new license key
  • Repeat this step on all PRTG Core Server installations Change License prompt

If you encounter any issues, changing your Paessler PRTG Enterprise Monitor license key, please do not hesitate to contact us through our Helpdesk Portal.

More information

Knowledge Base: PRTG connections to external servers
PRTG Manual: Enter a License Key

Created on Jun 27, 2022 6:20:12 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 3, 2022 5:04:08 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.