What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG not pinging

Votes:

We had a power outage and PRTG is not able to ping any local IP and does not see itself? It shows everything is down but I am able to go into Windows command and able to ping any site. I am remoted into the device so it can reach out and I can readd the devices and they will ping then? Any solutions so I do not have to readd the devices manually?

down ping prtg

Created on Jun 27, 2022 6:49:31 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

If you are logged on the Probe Host from which the requests are getting sent, you can open the PRTG Admin Tool to check the outgoing probe settings.

This allows you to manually choose the network adapter of your choice.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 28, 2022 8:13:54 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.