What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can't find 32Bit SNMP traffic sensor

Votes:

I recently had a problem with a SNMP traffic sensor. It was monitoring bond traffic on an iDRAC. I wanted to add the same type of sensor, monitoring the same interface but can't find the type of sensor that was used before.
After checking the settings of the old sensor, which is listed as a "SNMP traffic 32Bit" sensor, looking for it in the sensor search, yielded no direct results.
I added a 64Bit sensor, which is now monitoring the bond traffic and it works perfectly fine. So I don't really have a problem that needs solving. I'm just curious, if I just can't find the 32Bit version of that sensor or if it doesn't exist anymore.
I also took some time a researched the topic in the Knowledge Base and google, but couldn't find anything I can work with.
Any tips?

Best regards

32bit snmp trafficsensor

Created on Jul 7, 2022 12:42:19 PM

Last change on Jul 8, 2022 5:19:23 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Merlin,

Thank you for your post, when creating an SNMP traffic sensor I do not see a 32 bit specific sensor either, was this option showing within the sensor settings itself?

My best guess for the behavior change is related to the devices SNMP Compatibility Options, where you have an option to define: 32-bit/64-bit Counters, this option is usually inherited but that can be turned off and configured: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/device_settings

Created on Jul 12, 2022 9:04:29 PM by  Oscar Chavarria [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.