What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Help finding ports on switches that haven't been used in 90 days

Votes:

Hello,

I need help finding ports on switches that haven't been used in 90 days.

Currently the only way I have found a way to do this is go into the switch, choose 365 day graph traffic and then look at it.

Some of my hub stacks have more than 100 ports which seems to be the limit for the graphs.

Is there a report I can run or a way to show more than 100 ports as there is no way to go past the ports I already detailed?

Thanks

ethernet ports prtg traffic

Created on Jul 7, 2022 7:24:40 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello jmiller6,

Thank you for the post, I assume you're working with reports? Could you let us know which reports you're running or what information you're looking to get from them?

As an option historical data you could explore the HTTP API we offer: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/http_api

Created on Jul 12, 2022 4:11:35 PM by  Oscar Chavarria [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I was not working with reports, i was going into the sensor under devices and getting sensor data for the past 90 days. I need to get the historical data from each ethernet port in a switch and not just overall if the switch has any traffic.

Created on Jul 13, 2022 5:24:49 PM

Votes:

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you navigate to Setup > System Administration > Cores & Probes > Historic Data Purging section and verify the Historic Sensor Data field? What is it set to?

Are you able to go past 90 days in any other sensor?

Created on Jul 18, 2022 1:20:01 PM by  Oscar Chavarria [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.