What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SMTP with Office365

Votes:

Hi Guys,

Please can someone help?

I have used all the smtp guides for office 365 with prtg, but nothing I do works.

The account I am using is MFA protected, could this be the problem? If yes, I am using a app password that I generated, and it still doesn't work.

I don't know what else to do :( The setup worked fine with google smtp, but lately, I have to move to our office 365 mails due to POPI act in South Africa.

office365 prtg smtp

Created on Jul 14, 2022 11:22:08 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

So after some further investigation, I uncovered a article on Microsoft documentation.

If Microsoft Azure security defaults are enabled for your tenant, then you will be unable to use any form of smtp client.

I confirmed this by disabling security defaults and the same settings PRTG recommends, now works.

This case is now resolved.

Created on Jul 15, 2022 12:37:01 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.