What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

VPN/IPsec monitoring

Votes:

Is there a sensor/way to monitor if my VPN connections are working. I know you can monitor connections and traffic but I want to monitor if my VPN connections are successful or not. Like a sensor that connects the VPN every 5min and give a successful or non-successful status.

ipsec prtg vpn

Created on Jul 15, 2022 3:22:51 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

On what device do you want to monitor the VPN connections?

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 19, 2022 6:09:16 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Cisco ASA

thanks

Created on Jul 19, 2022 11:10:01 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Have you already tried our SNMP Cisco ASA VPN Users and the SNMP Cisco ASA VPN Traffic sensors?

Kind regards,

Created on Jul 21, 2022 7:42:15 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have and they work but they only show current connections. I want something to show if VPN connections are successful or not for tracking.

Created on Jul 21, 2022 11:09:49 AM

Votes:

In that case I would suggest that you contact your device vendor, and check with them if there is any option to monitor what you want. In best case, they can tell you what OIDs you can query for that.

Kind regards,

Created on Jul 22, 2022 6:01:31 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.