What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I can't run a batch file as a notification

Votes:

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a Notification Template so that every time my HTTP site doesn't respond, PRTG can restart IIS.

My batch file is simple

@echo on
C:\Windows\System32\iisreset.exe

When I configure and test by dropping a test page, the command runs successfully in prtg, but nothing happens on the server.

PRTG log;

07/18/2022 23:10:06
None Notification Template IISRESET - Notification Info
Status sending EXE:Ok (Sensor/Source/ID: 26072/26072/1)

Any light?

I've already tried scripting via Powershell, simple script tmb;

invoke-command -scriptblock {iisreset}

But the error was different;

Error sending EXE; Error1. MABR10: The term MABR10 is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program...

can you help me?

exe prtg template

Created on Jul 19, 2022 2:19:03 AM

Last change on Jul 19, 2022 11:23:12 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Are you able to run the script correctly manually? If so, feel free to reach out to us directly via mail at [email protected] and send us screenshots of the issue you are facing as well the script you are using so we can take a closer look.

Created on Jul 20, 2022 12:13:45 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.