What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unify Open Scape Business X5 - trunkline free/busy

Votes:

Hi Support,
I'm trying to get my hands on my Unify Open Scape Business phone system. We need to monitor how many trunk lines are free and how many are busy. One can see this within the web gui of the phone system, however I could not find out how to get this info via snmp.

I searched a lot in the last weeks, but found nothing. I found your KB regarding MiB for Siemens HiPath, and I also downloaded the MiB File and run it through Paessler MiB Importer. But I can not find the relevant entry(s) for my question. I was successful with outer MiB Files in the past, so I'm quite frustrated it did not work out this time. I'm referring to this KB:

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/82113-siemens-pbx-statistic

I also had a look at other snmp support forums but I again got nothing. I'm sure, everyone monitoring Siemens/Unify phone systems would be interested in monitoring the trunks as you pay per leased line, so it is vital to know how many lines you really need.

Any hint to point me in the right direction is highly appreciated.

hipath openscape pbx siemens snmp trunkline unify

Created on Jul 26, 2022 8:26:06 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Bernd,

I've also searched and could only find limited information from Atos/Unify regarding this, I couldn't find any public MIBs for the current line of Unify PBX.

In this case I would recommend getting in touch with Atos and request the MIB files for your PBX model.

Kind regards,
Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on Aug 1, 2022 4:48:34 PM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.