What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Common SaaS Check Sensor Problems

Votes:

Hi I have had a problem with this type of sensor over the last week or so. I have 4 on different probes in different DCs. Some of them are showing "Socket Error #10060 Connection timed out" intermittently, with "error" in every column.

Some are green but showing "Google Spreadsheets API not available - HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found"

Not sure if it my prtg instance (doubt it as the sensors are geographically disparate), or and ISP problem (doubt it, connectivity at the sites seems fine, and the probes stay connected)

Anyone else has has similar issues recently to rule in/out a wider issue?

common-saas-check-sensor error-#10060 saas

Created on Aug 5, 2022 4:00:30 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,
This Google Spreadsheets API message is a known error with the sensor and has no relation to the traffic to the said service. I'm afraid to tell you that this issue won't be fixed anymore until the sensor is removed as we are currently planning on deprecating this sensor in the future.

Created on Aug 9, 2022 11:01:09 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the reply. Aside from the google API error, as I said the senors are going into error intermittenly and randomly si I have deleted them as they are more trouble than they are worth at the moment.

It's a nice idea though, are any plans for a version 2? or an alternative sensor for monitoring internet quality/availibity that is more inteligent than "ping to 8.8.8.8"?

Thanks

Created on Aug 9, 2022 5:36:12 PM

Votes:

Currently we are planning to replace this functionality using the Rest Custom V2 sensor in the future.

Created on Aug 11, 2022 1:58:50 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.