What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Fail request in PRTG report

Votes:

I Keep having failed request in my prtg report on some sensors even when there wasn't spike in those component. I don't want to see red in the Good/failed statistics. Does this mean the components are failing? I'm curious.

Thanks in anticipation to your response.

prtg sensor wmi

Created on Aug 13, 2022 10:04:58 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hey,
Does the sensor show any failed requests?
If not the behavior isn't normal.

Created on Aug 18, 2022 12:46:56 PM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, The sensor shows failed requests often times on some of my servers. Mostly on CPU and disk. Could it be that those components are failing?

Created on Aug 24, 2022 6:00:11 PM

Votes:

Hey,
Yes, these sensors are the reason why you see the failed requests.

Created on Aug 26, 2022 11:09:59 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, Don’t quite understand your response. Do you mean the components are becoming bad that’s why the sensors says “fail”. For example, when you see fail in disk, does it mean the disk is about to crash

Created on Sep 1, 2022 6:23:03 PM

Votes:

Hi,
It depends on the disk sensor what channel is causing the failed requests. Mostly the failed request have something to do with limits which are exceeded.
So if an sensor which is included in a report sometime shows an error message and an error state, then this will be marked in a report.

Created on Sep 2, 2022 5:08:33 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.