What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I change the date format of email notifications in PRTG?

Votes:

I have read other kb articles about how to change the data format as it appears in the web. However, the format in the email notifications are still in the mm/dd/yyyy hh:MM:SS AM/PM format. I would like to have dd/mm/yyyy hh:MM:SS AM/PM.

How can I do that?

date-format notifcations prtg

Created on Aug 21, 2022 9:39:19 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

The email notifications can be modified using different placeholders. https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/373-what-placeholders-can-i-use-with-prtg

%date

An event's date in the time zone of the PRTG core server system

%datetime

An event's date and time in the time zone of the PRTG core server system

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Miguel Aikens

Created on Aug 24, 2022 8:20:28 PM by  Miguel Aikens [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the reply. From what I can see the I can only use those placeholders in the subject of the email, unless I am creating custom text, which I don't really want to do. There are dates throughout the email. For example in the history section at the bottom. Is it possible to have them all just use the time zone of the PRTG core server system by default?

Thanks

Created on Aug 25, 2022 3:14:49 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Thanks for this information.

Would it be possible for you to create a support ticket? This way we can ask for screenshots and more details about how the notifications are being sent to you and to see if there is a possible workaround. You can create the ticket from PRTG Web interface, lower right corner there is an option "Contact Support" and you can submit the ticket there or send an email to [email protected]

Regards,

Miguel Aikens

Created on Aug 26, 2022 6:04:58 PM by  Miguel Aikens [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.