What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG WMI Sensor

Votes:

Hello Guys,

i have a problem with the WMI Sensor on a PC. If i test the WMI Connection via the WMI Tester on our PRTG Server it always shows "Error 80070005 Access denied". If i run the WMI Tester from my own Notebook i can get the device Information without any Problems. I have already added several devices in our PRTG which are working via WMI Sensor properly. Has anybody an Idea why it i cant get a connection to the device via the PRTG Server? The PRTG Server and the device are both in the same Domain.

Thanks in Advance!

domain prtg wmi

Created on Aug 24, 2022 12:04:32 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Did you already checked whether all ports are usable?
Furthermore, please ensure that the DCOM security are the same on Probe Server and target device as well as the patch status. Most important ist the Windows update: KB5014754 which includes a DCOM hardening.

Created on Aug 29, 2022 7:40:37 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

it was the windows Update on the PRTG Server. Right after i updated the Server it worked fine.

Thank you!

Created on Aug 29, 2022 2:46:08 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.