What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring SQL Server Reporting Services

Votes:

Hello
I'm trying to use the HTTP Advanced sensor to monitor the landing page of a SQL Server Reporting Services. I have a user account to access SQL Server Reporting Services. If I access with a browser SQL Server Reporting Services and I login with that account, it works, I land on the Homepage of SQL Server Reporting Services. When I configure the HTTP Advanced sensor, I get an "Operation aborted" error. I tried setting all the possible authentication methods, and also changing between GET and POST.
The URL I would like to monitor is the standard SQL Server Reporting Services landing page, that is, https://server.domain.com/Reports/browse/

Any suggestion what could be the problem?

monitoring reporting-services web-sensor

Created on Aug 26, 2022 5:09:31 PM

Last change on Aug 29, 2022 7:22:29 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

What if you change the monitoring engine option from "Default" to "Compatibility engine"? (HTTP Engine Section)

Regards,

Miguel Aikens

Created on Aug 31, 2022 6:28:25 PM by  Miguel Aikens [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

It's working!!! Thanks for the tip. bye Claudio

Created on Sep 12, 2022 9:39:26 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.