What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No "result" or "error" in XML response.

Votes:

Hi,

Came across an old post with a powershell script to monitor link / skype server. https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/63184-how-to:-lync-2013-monitoring

I saved the "prtg-lyncuser.ps1" script in my C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\EXEXML folder and set execution policy to unrestricted on the prtg server.

if i run the script manually just by calling the ps1 file i am getting

Start PRTG Sensor
Server: lync1.corp.local
Serverlist count: 1
Server:  lync1.corp.local
End: ExitCode  0
Sending Result to output pipeline
<prtg>
  <result>
    <channel>SIPClients(lync1.corp.local)</channel>
    <value>116</value>
    <unit>Count</unit>
    <mode>Absolute</mode>
  </result>
<text>LyncUsers:</text>
</prtg

however if I add it as a custom exe sensor in prtg i am getting No "result" or "error" in XML response.

Could anyone suggest what I am missing ?

link powershell skype

Created on Sep 4, 2022 9:26:43 PM

Last change on Sep 5, 2022 12:01:46 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Did you try using the option "Use Windows credentials of parent device" in the sensor?
The Windows credentials that the sensor should use can be specified in the Settings tab of the device in the section "Credentials for Windows Systems".

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 6, 2022 10:14:35 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sasa,

Yes I did try to Use Windows credentials of parent device. The error message does not go away.

Created on Sep 10, 2022 1:15:53 PM

Votes:

Hi,

Did you make sure to use a Exe/Script Advanced sensor? Have you checked the troubleshooting steps suggested in the KB article where the scripts are shared?

Kind regards,

Created on Sep 13, 2022 10:59:20 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, Exe/Script Advanced sensor is exactly what I used.

Yes, I tried everything that was suggested. The only result I get from the sensor is No "result" or "error" in XML response.

Created on Sep 13, 2022 11:49:02 PM

Votes:

I would suggest that you open a support ticket regarding this issue, so that we can have a closer look at it.

Kind regards,

Created on Sep 16, 2022 1:16:03 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

When you've properly secured your webserver, TLS1.2 should be enabled in the script. You can add:

[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12

Before downloading the web result.

Created on Mar 30, 2023 2:45:04 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.