What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unable to monitor Microsoft 365 services

Votes:

Suddenly PRTG has stopped monitoring all my Microsoft 365 services, I get this error, please advise me:

The sensor could not connect to Microsoft 365. ChilkatLog: Connect: DllDate: Nov 28 2021 ChilkatVersion: 9.5.0.89 VerboseLogging: 0 restConnect: domain_or_ip: graph.microsoft.com socket2Connect: connect2: connectImplicitSsl: clientHandshake: clientHandshake2: ProcessHelloRetryRequest: readHandshakeMessages: WindowsError: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. WindowsErrorCode: 0x2745 maxToReceive: 5 Failed to receive data on the TCP socket Failed to read beginning of SSL/TLS record. b: 0 dbSize: 0 nReadNBytes: 0 idleTimeoutMs: 30000 --readHandshakeMessages --ProcessHelloRetryRequest --clientHandshake2 --clientHandshake Client handshake failed. (3) --connectImplicitSsl connectFailReason: 129 ConnectFailReason: 129 --connect2 --socket2Connect --restConnect ip_or_domain: graph.microsoft.com port: 443 tls: True Failed. --Connect --ChilkatLog

m365 prtg sensor

Created on Sep 6, 2022 7:52:29 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello Torben,

Thank you for your message.

We have received a few cases with a similar issue affecting the Microsoft 365 sensors, so far it seems limited to the version .77 of PRTG. Therefore, I invite you to update PRTG to the latest version (.78) and check if the issue still occurs.

If it does, please pause the sensors for 5 minutes and then resume them. Do they work afterwards?

Regards.

Created on Sep 7, 2022 12:59:28 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

After update to .78 it seems to be solved, thanks for your support

Created on Sep 8, 2022 4:41:16 AM

Votes:

Hi Torben,

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear that the sensors work again.

Have a great day.

Created on Sep 8, 2022 5:07:23 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

For interests sake do we have any idea what was causing this?

Created on Sep 8, 2022 3:28:00 PM

Votes:

Hey there,

I'm afraid that we (technical support) do not have detailed information about the issue that we could share with you.

However, our development team is currently working hard on security topics which concern all sensors (HTTP, FTP, Microsoft 365, etc.) to provide you the best experience to monitor your application/devices. Despite our abundant tests, it might be possible that in some scenarios the improvements generate issue like this one.

We then focus on the problem with your precious help and provide a fix if possible in the next version of PRTG at the earliest.

Regards.

Created on Sep 9, 2022 9:51:13 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.