What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I just installed a new Probe server and it stops working randomly (every 2-3 days)

Votes:

I cannot even restart the service the only way is to reboot the server then it will work for couple of days and randomly stop. This is the message that I am seeing.

The server is Windows 2019

Faulting application name: PRTG Probe.exe, version: 22.3.78.1873, time stamp: 0x62ed0116
Faulting module name: RPCRT4.dll, version: 10.0.17763.3113, time stamp: 0xf9e270d7
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x000152bb
Faulting process id: 0xd38
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8c3aec9968a74
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\PRTG Probe.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\RPCRT4.dll
Report Id: 09fa5785-374b-46a3-8828-9263a9fd0b09
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Not sure what to do, this is a brand new install.

probe prtg server

Created on Sep 8, 2022 7:00:47 PM

Last change on Sep 9, 2022 8:37:04 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Ilias,

the faulting module "RPCRT4.dll" is a Windows component for the RPC interface.
Did you already perform a full Windows Update on the server?

This can also happen if you have many WMI sensors with a very short polling rate, can you check the type of sensors and increase the interval for these sensors.

If the issue persists feel free to open a support ticket with us.\ Please use the "Contact Support" button on the web interface for this and include a support bundle.

Kind regards,
Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on Sep 13, 2022 11:52:16 AM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.