What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Reports - sensor ID and sensor Name

Votes:

I'm using reports to process some info with an external app, so i'm making reports using sensor tags to make more easy and automatic (when addsome type of sensor, its automatically add to the report too), this report attach the files in csv format, but in the name of files or inside of it is not the sensor name but the report use his ID.

The ID is not representative and i dont want to search manually name and ID, its inefficient and requieres a human intervention for update when add a new sensor.

Its possible to extract a table with ID and Name of each sensor to make the correlation, maybe using other report or other way?

reports sensor-id sensor-name

Created on Sep 16, 2022 6:36:14 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I'm afraid this is not possible since the csv file is generated from the monitoring database. This means values are only stored in dependency of the IDs and not the name, since the name of a sensor can change, the ID can't. The only workaround would be to create a script which queries the API to map the sensor name to the ID.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support.

Created on Sep 19, 2022 10:41:11 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Felix, is there some tutorial or cookbook to make that or something similar using the API?

Created on Sep 19, 2022 11:51:17 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

We do not have a cookbook for this. However you can take a look in our manual about the API.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Sep 19, 2022 2:26:09 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.