What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor a cisco switch?

Votes:

Can I monitor a cisco switch from another region

Thanks for the time and the answer!

cisco monitor prtg

Created on Sep 23, 2022 5:54:26 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello Alejandra,

Thank you for contacting PRTG support.

If you want to monitor a device from another region what you can do is use a Remote Probe. Please use this article https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/remote_probes_and_multiple_probes to verify all the configuration require for this type of monitoring

Created on Sep 27, 2022 8:06:02 PM by  Ricardo Sanchez [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hello, thank you very much for the answer. I had previously read the article, but it was not very clear to me how to install such a remote probe on my switch equipment.

Is there a way to do it?

Created on Sep 28, 2022 3:31:28 PM

Votes:

Hello Alejandra,

Yes sure, there is a couple of articles that will guide you the step by step and all the system requirements you will need to create a remote probe, please check the following articles:

I hope this will clarify your concern, if you have additional questions feel free to contact us

Created on Sep 29, 2022 3:10:53 PM by  Ricardo Sanchez [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hello Alejandra,

Yes sure, there is a couple of articles that will guide you the step by step and all the system requirements you will need to create a remote probe, please check the following articles:

I hope this will clarify your concern, if you have additional questions feel free to contact us

Created on Sep 29, 2022 3:10:54 PM by  Ricardo Sanchez [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.