What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring process memory usage (Windows)

Votes:

Can PRTG Network Monitor monitor and display memory usage for all processes individually? I am trying to figure out what's causing a sudden resource depletion on a Windows Server 2019 system, but the event only occurs on the weekend. I've tried PowerShell scripting to monitor the working set of each process but whatever is causing the "resource depletion event" also stopped my Scheduled Task, so I didn't get the data I need to identify what's causing the problem.

If PRTG can help me identify the problem process then I'll encourage my client to install it. Hopefully SNMP won't be stopped before I can get useful data.

memory monitoring process prtg

Created on Sep 26, 2022 4:33:22 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

PRTG can monitor defined processes with such details, you can use the Windows Process Sensor for this.
But PRTG can't monitor all processes resource usage simultaneously.

Kind regards,
Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on Sep 30, 2022 7:36:41 AM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the reply. That's a little disappointing, but okay. I found another way to get the data I want using Windows' Performance Monitor, so I'm hoping that will prove up to the task.

Created on Sep 30, 2022 1:33:05 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.