What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

can one probe send the data to mulriple cores?

Votes:

Hello, i would like to deploy a expose my core to external users of mine, can i send the data from the probes to a second core in the DMZ for example? Thanks.

core dmz probe

Created on Sep 29, 2022 5:51:21 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

A Remote Probe only supports one Core Server at a time.

Kind regards,
Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on Sep 30, 2022 8:10:30 AM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you Johannes, Can I use the cluster feature to achieve this goal?

Created on Oct 2, 2022 7:42:14 AM

Votes:

Hello,

A Cluster will have a cluster probe that will send the data to cluster core server. This will in fact send the probes data to multiple cores but only to the cores that are part of the cluster.

Kind regards,

Created on Oct 6, 2022 6:56:02 AM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you

Created on Oct 6, 2022 6:58:43 AM

Votes:

If you need some additional information, we have an explaining blog post about this topic here: https://blog.paessler.com/cluster-support-for-remote-probes

Kind regards,

Created on Oct 11, 2022 6:42:43 AM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.