What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Difference of Disk Free values (Linux)

Votes:

Hey!

I noticed that the values of the "SNMP Linux Disk Free Sensor" and the "SNMP Disk Free Sensor" show different values for the same disk. We assume that the correct value for root (/) is 1936 MB. I determined this with the command "df -m" on the target system. In the "SNMP Linux Disk Free Sensor" I get the same value. But the "SNMP Disk Free Sensor" shows me 2419 MB.

The difference between these values is huge. Do these sensors work with different OIDs? Or did I miss something?

BR Ludwig

disk diskfree linux snmp

Created on Sep 29, 2022 8:40:28 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi thanks for your question. The first thing to check is this KB post.

It's possible that the SNMP Disk Free sensor isn't talking to the right OID for Linux - hence it's coming back with incorrect values.

Created on Oct 4, 2022 12:49:43 PM by  Mike Payne [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Ludwig, that's great thanks for sharing your findings :)

Created on Oct 26, 2022 7:15:25 PM by  Mike Payne [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.