What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring Extreme switches in PRTG issues

Votes:

We have having problems monitoring our Extreme switches using PRTG. Devices have been added using the correct SNMP V3 credentials, we are able to use the SNMP traffic sensor to monitor Interfaces. We have found OID for CPU (1.3.6.1.4.1.2272.1.85.10.1.1.2) and memory (1.3.6.1.4.1.2272.1.85.10.1.1.8) utilisation and tried adding these as custom SNMP sensors - PRTG returns error - #N SNMP_EXCEPTION_NOSUCHOBJECT222

Anyone successfully monitoring Extreme devices in their PRTG? Are we missing something here?

extreme prtg snmp

Created on Oct 13, 2022 10:36:14 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi hlr912,

The message indicates that the SNMP connection already works fine, the "no such name" message is directly returned by the target device.

Basically, this means that there are no counters available for this particular OID, or the complete table. In the online documentation, I could find these MIB files: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000083477

I recommend to use our SNMP Tester after creating an OIDlib using the MIB Importer.

If it also tells you that the counters are not available, I would recommend to reach out to the manufacturer to request if there is maybe a firmware update available which enables the monitoring of these metrics.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 17, 2022 4:28:15 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.