What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Library Sensor displays CPU usage in Message instead of a Primary Channel

Votes:

Hi,

I'm using a custom SNMP Library Mib file from the Device vendor, I was able to use traffic and memory MIBs but not the CPU usage, when adding a CPU sensor in Channel Display I can only choose Downtime and Response time in ms. The data I'm looking for (CPU usage in %) is in the Message portion of Sensor, is there a way to use the message to display as the main channel?

prtg snmp snmplib snmplibrarysensor

Created on Oct 14, 2022 2:41:11 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,
This sounds like the OID returns the CPU usage as string instead of a numerical value. In order to display values in a channel, it has to be a numerical value. You can either try using the Value extraction using Regular Expression or using our native CPU load sensor instead.

Created on Oct 18, 2022 7:16:44 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Timo,

I was trying the native snmp CPU load sensor without luck, right now I followed your first suggestion and RegEx worked perfectly.

Thank you

Created on Oct 18, 2022 1:00:27 PM

Votes:

Glad to hear it's working now :)

Created on Oct 18, 2022 3:15:22 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.