What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Remote "probe health" sensor - duplicatation of sensors

Votes:

Hi all,

I would like to know how to set(the best way) remote probes. My WAN have got 150+ remotes probes(locations), stores.

Every probe is running on server on that site. There are two sensors (Probe health and system health) that include sensors I would like to have seperated (free space, memory, etc.) Now, if something goes "down" I've got 2 or 3 sensors downed. Unnecessary. How exactly Probe health and system health work? free space, etc. sensors are under their percentage status of "OK" and it is not good looking for my colleagues who would like to have straight informations about something get wrong.

For deploy: it is prefer to have seperated sensors, to much work to set probes manually. They can't be copied like sensors.

Thank you Libor

remote-probe sensor setting

Created on Oct 19, 2022 10:01:45 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

the Probe Health and System Health Sensor are special hard-coded Sensors which cannot be replicated for other non Probe Device devices.
If you want to have such Sensor, you can use the Sensor Factory Sensor to combine multiple Sensors. However, since this Sensor has a very strong performance impact, we recommend only 50 of these Sensors.

Created on Oct 24, 2022 6:19:52 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.