What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

There is no sensor for monitoring Symantec SEP 14. How can I do it ?

Votes:

Hi all, I need to monitor the status of Symantec Antivirus SEP 14. How can I do that without a given sensor ? Any hints ? b/r Günter

prtg sensor snmp symantec

Created on Oct 26, 2022 10:10:06 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Günter,

As the data that SEP14 is exposing is very limited the best way to monitor the function of it would be to monitor it's processes or services.

The Windows Services can be monitored with our WMI Service Sensor or SNMP Windows Service Sensor.
The specific processes with our Windows Process Sensor.

To monitor the API of SEP14 as described on their documentation here: https:apidocs.securitycloud.symantec.com/#/doc?id=stats
You can use our REST Custom Sensor to query and parse the results from here.

Kind regards,
Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on Nov 1, 2022 9:41:55 AM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.