What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Trial Activation Not working

Votes:

I'm trying to activate the trial on a new install using the offline activation, and it keeps giving me an error: Not Activated (Failed to establish secure connection Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer.)

My understanding was that I did not have to open firewalls, or use a proxy, to do the manual activation. This is on a new 2019 server build within our network.

activation error trial

Created on Oct 27, 2022 3:11:50 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

I ended up uninstalling PRTG, and then tried reinstalling. I'm not sure if installing it to a different drive than C was the cause. I tried reinstalling to the D drive again, and this time the system ID appeared when I clicked on the offline activation. If you have the same issue, I would try doing this.

Created on Oct 28, 2022 1:10:34 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.