What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

The sensors I use to monitor my Microsoft 365 mailboxes show the Down status. What can I do?

Votes:

I have been using either the IMAP, POP3, SMTP&IMAP Round Trip, or SMTP&POP3 Round Trip sensor to monitor my Microsoft 365 mailboxes. But since October 1, 2022, they show the Down status. What happened and what should I do?

basic-authentication exchange-online imap microsoft oauth pop3 prtg

Created on Nov 7, 2022 4:01:11 PM by  Jacqueline Conforti [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 7, 2022 4:17:39 PM by  Florian Weik (1,927) 2 2

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 22

Exchange Online basic authentication deprecation

As of October 1, 2022, Microsoft started to turn off basic authentication for Exchange Online. They plan to completely stop all forms of basic authentication by December 31, 2022.

Read more about this on the Microsoft blog:

How does this affect your Microsoft 365 monitoring with PRTG?

Because Microsoft 365 no longer supports basic authentication, the SMTP&IMAP Round Trip sensor, the SMTP&POP3 Round Trip sensor, the IMAP sensor, and the POP3 sensor do not support Microsoft 365 mailboxes anymore.

Use the Microsoft 365 Mailbox sensor instead. Learn more:

Created on Nov 7, 2022 4:04:43 PM by  Jacqueline Conforti [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 7, 2022 4:18:10 PM by  Florian Weik (1,927) 2 2

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.