What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Updating the certificates for the webserver

Votes:

Hello,

in March 2022 I had installed the trial version of PRTG in order to test the compability and performance to our systems. Later on we decided to upgrade to a full license, so far so good. However I wanted to import the SSL-certificate for the webserver according to the manual "https://www.paessler.com/de/support/how-to/ssl-certificate" with the certificate importer of PRTG.

The issue is that in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\cert" I still have the demo versions of the certificates. I couldn't find anything in the configuration or settings either. How can I update my certificates?

Thank you in advance.

certificate ssl webserver

Created on Nov 8, 2022 6:16:49 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

The PRTG Certificate Importer will automatically move the existing files from the \cert subfolder into a new subdirectory.
If anything goes wrong, you can still revert to your old certificates this way. And of course you don't have to worry about the old certificates hat way.

Kind regards,
Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on Nov 11, 2022 2:40:18 PM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.